Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant Review.

I have been a fan of this multi-wonder cream for ages. I was first introduced to it when I worked at David Jones/Myer. I was working at the Elizabeth Arden counter, and saw that this was their most popular product.(I now work in an IT profession and nowhere close to cosmetics). I sold heaps of this cream every week. At that time Elizabeth Arden were celebrating a century of beauty.100th Anniversary!!!! I also bought a candle to celebrate this special event. (Please read till the end to find out about a bargain I scored at Priceline available this week 30th Jan - 6th Feb 2014)


During their 100th Anniversary all their eight hour creams came in special limited edition jars that were oh so cute. Obviously I wanted to try it out as every customer raved about it. I am very glad that I made that purchase because I now have a special product that travels with me every where I go. It never leaves my purse and has been helpful and handy in several occasions.

This product has reached a cult status among celebrities and is a well known product around the world.
It is an all purpose balm that helps protect,soothe and moisturize skin.
It contains Petrlolatum,Salycilic Acid and Vitamin E.
It is an apricot colored balm and the texture is thick. It is a great moisturizing agent and helps treat dry skin.
The scent of this product is quite unique , it is hard to describe it kind of smells citrus and herbal to me. It can be strong for people who dislike overly strong scents. I have quite accustomed myself to this fragrance and enjoy using it as I associate the scent with the signature Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour products. Its good that they have since released a fragrance free version of 8hr Skin Protectant Cream. So if you Loved the product but hated the smell , you can once more enjoy the product minus the smell :).


 

Over the years I found several uses of this multi-wonder cream. Listed below are some of the uses I have discovered. Please let me know if you found other uses for it. Please comment below to let me know.

  • I use it every night as my cuticle cream. it helps soften my cuticles and prevents those pesky fray edges around my cuticles.
  • I use it as a lip balm. Really good to soothe dry chapped lips and has worked wonders to moisturize my lips.
  • I use it to soothe grazes or cuts. this is particularly good as an emergency cream at the park with the kids especially when they come running over to you with grazed knees. A little bit of this cream wipes their tears away :)
  • I always carry this when I am travelling on a plane to help my dehydrated skin. It instantly adds moisture and helps me look refreshed.
  • It is ideal after waxing my legs. as it soothes the redness and the pain I get from waxing.
  • I also apply it on my heels. Usually at night smear it generously on my rough heels and wear socks over. In the morning my heels are super soft.
  • I sometimes use a small amount patted around my cheeks to give me that dewy look.
  • I use it as a lip gloss over my lipsticks. This has a really glossy finish and looks really good over lipsticks. You can also apply it over your matte lipsticks to give you that high shine factor good for when you want to use your matte lipsticks both ways (matte,and shiny).
  • I use it to soothe my skin from insect bites. In fact I have a story to tell about this. Last year I was trekking around India and one night I was sitting on the floor in Delhi at the Red Fort watching the night light show. Within minutes my whole arms and legs were covered with mosquito bites. I was scratching myself like crazy and was frantically searching my handbag for something to relieve the itchiness. I grabbed my tube of the 8hr cream and smeared it all over myself. It soothed my itch instantly and was a relief. Within the next day the mozzie bite bumps were also gone. I am so glad that I travel with it everywhere because it has been a great emergency savior for me.
  • I sometimes use it to tame my eyebrows.
  • I use it on my elbows to soften them.
  • I have once used it to loosen a zip on my handbag. The zip was stuck at one spot and I could neither open it nor close it. I simply wiped some over the path of the zipper and voila the zip moved and I could open my bag.
I could go on and on about how many times I have found this 8hr cream useful.
I had run out of my beloved and recently went to Priceline to stock up. I was so pleased to know that they had 20% OFF for all Elizabeth Arden products. The cream was down to $20 from $25. (Yay for EA reducing their prices as I remember it was sold for $35 before)
Then I found this:!!! BARGAIN Yay for left over Christmas Stock.

They had this Pack which contains a 50ml eight hour and a 14.8 ml Nourishing Lipbalm.This pack was being sold for $25 dollars during Christmas. Priceline then further discounted all Christmas pack at 50% Off in January. this pack was then available for $12.50. After the 20% off discount it came down to $10 dollars. that is a bargain as the single unit costs 20 dollars . The lipbalm is also great it is a pale apricot colour fragrance free lipbalm . Its RRP is 25 dollars and I got it free in this pack. So beauties head over to your local pricelines and check this out.
Nourishing Lipbalm with Sunscreens.

I just adore the cute '8' design on the lid of the 8hr Cream.


Comments

  1. This sounds amazing...I've been aware of it but I've never tried it, you make me really want to!

    Thanks for a great review, and especially, for listing out the individual things you use it for! I love a good, multitasking product. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nalini for stopping by my blog. I also LOVE it because I can use it for multiple tasks.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts