David Jones Autumn/Winter 2014 Beauty Book

David Jones A/W 14 Beauty Book.
Aww!! Yes!! Its that time of the year again.  I get all excited about it and can't wait to see what is on offer.
Its the time David Jones releases their Beauty book. This happens around twice a year and this means there are tons of beauty offers ,  Gift With Purchases and Free samples available on counter.

Offers like this: (pic below) browse to page 12 of their beauty book which showcases a fabulous Revlon offer. It showcases Revlon's new release their latest 3 step Age defying innovation. These three new goodies have received rave reviews when trialed by BeautyHeaven trial team members. They also have a GWP Gift with Purchase offer receive a lipstick and a beautiful lipstick case free when you spend $34.95 on any products.

Revlon offer.

The best part is they release a Beauty Sampler Tote bag which you can purchase for $19.95 with any beauty purchases. It is currently on sale now from 5th February till 2nd March.(Subject to stock availability).
There are two choices of bags and all contents are housed in a clear zipped pouch so you can generally peep through the contents to decide what bag you prefer.

Deluxe Sampler Tote Offer.

The Tote bag and Design.
I really enjoy purchasing this sampler tote as you get a variety of products to try some samples and some full sizes. Plus you can a beautiful tote and a clear makeup bag. This clear makeup bag has been really handy when travelling especially when you are going through customs before boarding a plane as you can clearly see what is in it.

The bag I chose contained the following items: Click Here to see the other bag Option.

  • Natio Spa Recovery Hand Scrub 90g Full Size
  • Kieh'ls Powerful Wrinkle & Pore Reducing Cream 7ml
  • Laura Mercier Foundation Primer 14.7ml
  • Dermalogica Multivitamin Thermofoliant 15ml
  • Aveda Invati Shampoo &Conditioner 10ml (I have tried this Really good to boost Hair growth)
  • OPI Nail Lacquer 3.75ml
  • The Balm Hot Mama Shadow/Blush 1g(this is what I am most excited for its my first time trying The Balm products)
  • Live Clean Fresh Face Soothing Daily Moisturizer 30ml.
  • Kosmea Rose Hip Oil 3ml(Such a cute bottle).
  • Weleda Skin Food 10ml
  • Scottish Fine Soaps Au Lait Body Milk 50ml.
  • David Jones Beauty Milk & Honey Body Wash 60ml.
  • David Jones Beauty Milk & Honey Cream 60ml.
The Products  I received.


Plus a bonus the tote contained a tiny little empty Laura Mercier Sample Pot. The instruction card suggest heading over to the Laura Mercier Counter to get a foundation match. The Counter assistant would fill that pot up with your chosen shade of foundation. That is so good so anyone purchasing the tote bag don't forget to get foundation sample in that tiny little pot.

The cute Hot MaMa Blush/Shadow and Laura Mercier Sample Pot.

I was served really well at the Laura Mercier counter and received a warm welcome. The Make up artist got a foundation match for me and generously filled the foundation in my sample pot. Even though she said she was not aware of this deal in the tote bags she was still more than happy to provide me a sample. She also offered me tips on how best to apply the foundation. The tote comes with a sample Laura Mercier Foundation Primer 14.7ml so it is a very good opportunity to try out the foundation and primer together. I was so happy with the service I got at the Laura Mercier counter.

 The Tote itself is a large , generous size one. Its made of PVC . I quite love the design on the bag. The design has shiny gold backing and the gold backing shines through the cut out dot design. (sorry not good at explaining, hopefully you will be able to see the designs through the pics above). I love using the tote bags to carry my lunch at work. I have used the previous sampler totes as lunch bags but this one is rather large so I might use it when I need to carry more things to work :)

So there you have it Beauties. Are you planning on getting this tote? What are you most interested in trying from this bag? I was sucked in by the Balm Hot Mama Blush.


Comments

  1. My local David Jones opens at 6am. My alarm is set.

    BTW thanks for the Laura Mercier tip about the foundation sample, I've heard mixed reviews so I'd be interested in trying it out myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hailey for stopping by my blog. I was looking through the bags and spotted the tiny empty pot . I was lucky that the Laura Mercier MUA was on shift at that time so I went and asked her for a color match. I got a creamy foundation and really like the finish so far.

      Delete
  2. Lovely post, DJ bag looks great, irresistible, I am visiting my local DJ to grab this bag. Can you tell me what do you buy to qualify this bag? I will try to find cheapest product to qualify because I already have too much makeup and skin care :D
    http://australianbeautyonbudget.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Faiza thanks for stopping by on my blog. You can purchase anything to get this bag personally I splurged on some Estee lauder products but if you are looking for cheap buys I can suggest OPI nail file $3.95, Burt's bees Lipbalm $6.00, Dr Bronners travel bottle soap $3.95 (great for washing makeup brushes), or just look near the cash registers they usally have a dump bin of splurges where items are less than $10 dollars. Hope I have helped. :)

      Delete
  3. Thankyou Zara I will check out your blog soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Moonlight Sak, I am following your blog it will be so nice if you follow back.
    http://australianbeautyonbudget.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting this, it looks great! I'm tempted to grab it just because of the nail polish and the theBalm blush!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts